can not detect NTSC

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Sami Fattah

can not detect NTSC

PostThu Jan 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi

I have tried to detect NTSC signal using the AutomaticModeDetection.exe , and it seems it can not detect NTSC signal , but it can detect other signals such as Pal , 720 and 1080i

you can reproduce that by the following

1-switch the signal to NTSC
2-start the AutomaticModeDetection.exe program and it will not detect the NTSC
3-repeate 1,2 with other formats , it works

can you please explain

Sami
sami fattah
Software engineering

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: can not detect NTSC

PostFri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 pm

I have sent you private message last month which you have not responded. Automatic Detection mode only works on certain products so you must implement the call to verify if the Decklink does actually support that function. Please send your support replication steps and all details to the developer email support to email us directly. The contact information is in the SDK manual.

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: can not detect NTSC

PostWed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi Sami,

In addition to the comment from Matt to check that mode detection is supported (check the BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection attribute), note that the AutomaticModeDetection sample application starts capture in NTSC.

This means that if the application is started with an NTSC signal present, then no format change has occurred and IDeckLinkInputCallback::VideoInputFormatChanged will not be called.

To state it another way, the NTSC input is detected, but the capture process is already running in NTSC so no format changed callback is necessary.

Hope that helps clarify,

-nick

Return to Software Developers