Using the SDK for VANC/TIMECODE output

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Rongen Cheng

Using the SDK for VANC/TIMECODE output

PostWed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, so please I am not sure which sub-forum to ask this question.

Currently, my company are using DeckLink Studio 4K and Extreme 3D+ card. When using SDK, we encounter 3 problems, that need to be solved urgently.

First question:
Using the SDK's example code "Vancoutput.cpp" to generate an output vanc signal from one computer and the other computer to receive the vanc output with both Decklink cards. When I examine the received data, the values do not match. For example:
vanc from sender looks like::
0x00000000 ,0x3ff003ff
vanc from receiver looks like:
0x00400004, 0x3ff013ff

Second question:
I want to generate both vanc and timecode ouput together with the video at the same time, but _BMDVideoOutputFlags can only accept one mode at one time. I.e. The combination such as bmdVideoOutputVANC|bmdVideoOutputRP188 is not allowed. Is it a way to get both to be done at the same time, i.e. in the same frame output?

Third question:
I tried the SDK example "LoopThroughWithDX11Compositing" without GPU direct and with decklink Studio 4k. It seemed that for every 5 seconds, there are 2 or 3 frames are dropped or delayed.( BMDOutputFrameCompletionResult is either bmdOutputFrameDisplayedLate or bmdOutputFrameDropped.) And when I set the VideoOutputFlag to bmdVideoOutputDualStream3D, the frame will not be dropped, but the frame seems to be stretched on the display.

I know these are very specific problems to not many of us but I would love to hear some insight from everyone as I am new to Decklink's series cards.

Looking forward to your answer!
Thank you,
Rongen

wreuven

Re: Using the SDK for VANC/TIMECODE output

PostSat Jun 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Old post but I just wanted to update that at least in 11.5, the combination bmdVideoOutputVANC|bmdVideoOutputRP188 does work.

Return to Software Developers