Problem with Capture Preview sample code

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Josh Parmenter

Problem with Capture Preview sample code

PostSun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to DeckLink products and have a project where I need to capture HDMI input from two video sources. I have started looking at the CapturePreview sample code (Mac OS X, 10.11.4, Xcode 7.3).
I'm using the HDMI output from an Apple TV as a sample source, and while the callback with an NSView and the IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback works to display the output from the Apple TV, I can't seem to get the bytes inside the

HRESULT DeckLinkDevice::VideoInputFrameArrived (/* in */ IDeckLinkVideoInputFrame* videoFrame, /* in */ IDeckLinkAudioInputPacket* audioPacket)

callback from the video frame. All ancillary data comes back empty, and adding this into the callback method:

void* buffer;
BOOL success = videoFrame->GetBytes(&buffer);

gives me a failure. I need to store the frames into a buffer to render into a video later (and I saw some other code on the internet that was leading me in this direction here: sofd.developer-works.com/article/23897595/Creating+a+CVPixelBufferRef+from+a+IDeckLinkVideoInputFrame) )

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Are there any suggestions for how I can capture these frames? Thanks very much in advance for any pointers.
Best,
Josh Parmenter

Return to Software Developers