Really a nightmare to use the SDK 10.6.1

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Tony Hernandez

Really a nightmare to use the SDK 10.6.1

PostTue Apr 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Im trying to compile your SDK but it is a nightmare
How it is possible that you write in the doc what the environment was used to develop the SDK ????
On Win 10 and VS2008, 2013 and 2015 Im unable to compile, this is cause this Sucks !

Be professional, and write on your documentation the environment used to HELP PEOPLE NOT LOOSING DAYS AND DAYS trying to know the suited OS and Visual Studio and framework to use.

Im getting a nightmare of compiling errors, messages requiring SDK 8.1, sdk 8.1 installation failed, libraries missing and a hell of errors. So please be profesional and tell me the default environment

W 8.1 with vs 2013 ?? or what

Why no info about in the doc ??????????????

Im using Windows 10 Pro
Last edited by Tony Hernandez on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Hernandez

Re: Really a nightmare to use the SDK 10.6.1

PostTue Apr 05, 2016 5:33 pm

With VS 2008
Error 1 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'strmiids.lib' BaseClasses BaseClasses

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 3:39 pm

See my other reply. We do not support deprecated Directshow filters and we certainly do not compile with VS 2008 on modern drivers 10.x.

Also you cannot use Desktop Video (Decklink, Ultratudio, Intensity) cards with driver release 10 and Blackmagic SDK 8.x as you state in your post.

Im getting a nightmare of compiling errors, messages requiring SDK 8.1, sdk 8.1 installation failed, libraries missing and a hell of errors. So please be profesional and tell me the default environmen

Tony Hernandez

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 5:23 pm

I meant windows SDK 8.1.

Thank you for your response, I dont have your email. But your solutions does not come clean, it comes with bad relatives paths, unable to load solution and unable to compile solution. I only want to know in what configuration you developed the Visual Studio solution for me to try to open correctly and compile.

It is this difficult ??
Say: We compiled and publish the SLN file in Visualk Studio 2013 (ok), under Windows NN with defautl framework, as example. So then we will install windows NN, VS 2013 and we'll try to run / tune (as common base lib is not well referenced (located in a 4 folder outside the root as it seems)) and compile.

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Again to confirm -I replied on the email where you make unnecessary comments. Here it is.
Why don't you reply to this thread instead of starting new ones?

Matt Jefferson
Blackmagic Design
Re: SDK: Please can you tell me your OS and VS and NET frame
PostWed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Tony
As you have not read the forum posts, nor the read me nor the manual and do not contact our technical support, let me summarise for you. We support WDM and C++ SDK for Decklink, Ultrastudio, and Intensity under the name desktop video SDK.

On Feb 16 of 2014 - I posted this and encourage to understand it.
While we still supply Directshow in our SDK, we are not actively testing, developing, nor plan to develop any further functionality. Direct show support is not coming from Blackmagic Design and is limited to external parties that may or may not be using the modern card architecture of Decklink (4K and Quad2 models).

We do provide WDM filter and we do test some consumer editing applications. So if you seeing no issues in Media Express which is written with our SDK, then it is related to filter based API and we have no structure or plan to address support questions.

We support Windows 7 64bit, 8.1 64bit and 10 64bit. We now support Visual studio 2013 for our windows APIs. We use the latest .net framework from Microsoft.

If you actually read page 15 of the SDK document or page 56 of current manual, you would have the direct software developer support email. That is where you should direct your questions about WDM filters or C++ SDK.

Tony Hernandez

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 am

Continues to be a nightmare, several weeks and no solution.
WHY IF I OPEN YOUR SAPLES SOLUTION I GET A NON WORKING SOLUTION !!

Right out out the box, I unzip your SDK 10.6.1 into a folder
C:\Production\MINIM\dev\sdks\BMSDK10.6.1\Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.6.1\Win\DirectShow\Samples

Open the samples.sln in Visual Studio 2013 under Windows 10
Attempt to build the project
And got a nightmare on errores, one after another one, and if sometime I get one error solved then comes another.

You cannot said you no support what you are including in your samples in your SDK
If you dont support direct show REMOVE IT, but you cannot leave it and you cannot leave us developers with such horrible situation

Tony Hernandez

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 9:34 am

When any dev resolve the issue (a error from your dev team) to copy and paste the commonbase path to 3 or 4 directoreis above, just like this

So baseclasses must be here
C:\Production\MINIM\dev\sdks\BMSDK10.6.1\Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.6.1

Then VS comes reising exception
Error C1083 No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'streams.h': No such file or directory BaseClasses C:\Production\MINIM\dev\BaseClasses\amextra.cpp 10

Error C1083 No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'streams.h': No such file or directory BaseClasses C:\Production\MINIM\dev\BaseClasses\amfilter.cpp 30

a long etc.. of errors

Tony Hernandez

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 9:51 am

of course unless you put a Capturesample in your non dshow solution, as I cannot imagine a company manufacturing capture cards with a SDK that dont provide capture test demo, you non dshow on ly contains a preview demo, no capture no record.

Tony Hernandez

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

First thing you must say to your developers is to open the samples.sln solution and correct a line update

Project("{8BC9CEB8-8B4A-11D0-8D11-00A0C91BC942}") = "BaseClasses", "..\..\..\BaseClasses\baseclasses.vcxproj", "{EF2CF0E8-F7F6-400B-B9C1-EF2A830EC047}"

to

Project("{8BC9CEB8-8B4A-11D0-8D11-00A0C91BC942}") = "BaseClasses", "BaseClasses\baseclasses.vcxproj", "{EF2CF0E8-F7F6-400B-B9C1-EF2A830EC047}"

Now solution load but get a ton of errors unable to compile

Blackmagic = horrible support

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficulties using the Desktop Video 10.6.1 SDK.

As mentioned by Matt above, the DirectShow interfaces are available, but provide a subset of the functionality available through the native DeckLink API.

Regarding the issues encountered attempting to build the DirectShow 'Samples' solution, I clarified how to address these in a response to an email to Developer Support "Fri, 8 Apr 2016 08:34:46 +1000" - "Re: What the hell of OS and framework was used for SDK 10.6.1". As at 2016-04-20 no response has been received.

Summarising again the information provided there: The paths for these samples demonstrating the deprecated DirectShow filters appear to have been damaged after the move to VisualStudio 2013. I mentioned in that email that the paths and references to the BaseClasses project must be updated, and the projects built as MBCS projects (these samples do not support Unicode).

As mentioned in that email, VisualStudio 2013 requires an additional package to be installed to enable MBCS support.

The DeckLink API provides access to the capabilities of the DeckLink family of capture and playback devices. The API provides interfaces and methods in support of the functionality of the devices, but does not include interfaces for file IO, software audio / video codecs, nor video container formats (e.g. AVI, MPG, etc.).

The Linux 'Capture' sample application includes trivial capture capabilities by writing the raw video frame/audio data to disk.

A more complete capture application would have to integrate libraries for the desired video container format, audio and video software codecs, as well as determine appropriate parameters for the codecs to ensure that the input queue of video frames does not grow without bound.

I understand from context that your application / interest is in using the Blackmagic WDM capture filters in a DirectShow graph.

I have included below an example graph which will capture to AVI, compressed using MJPEG using the WDM capture filters.

This graph can be created in GraphEdit / GraphStudio and used to demonstrate the capture capabilities of the devices.

Code: Select all
Blackmagic WDM Capture Filter
  Video Capture -> AVI Decompressor -> Blackmagic 8 bit MJPEG Codec -> AVI Mux Input 01
  Audio Capture -> AVI Mux Input 02
AVI Mux
  AVI Out -> FileWriter ( capture.avi )

Cheers,

-nick

robertBlack

PostTue Jul 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Hi this is works for me:

For Blackmagic SDK 12.3.1 you need to install Visual Studio 2019 with the following complements:
-Windows SDK 10.0.19041.0
-C++ MFC for latest v142 build tools
-C++ ATL for latest v142 build tools

Make sure that you retarget the project to the correct Windows SDK version.
Cheers!

raamkashyapp

PostThu Oct 13, 2022 11:36 am

There might be a missing Windows file which is why you are getting an error. You must have latest version of Windows.

Return to Software Developers