SDK: Please can you tell me your OS and VS and NET framework

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Tony Hernandez

SDK: Please can you tell me your OS and VS and NET framework

PostTue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Im desesperately unable to compile any SDK\Win\DirectShow\Samples from almost any version, tried with 10.4.3, 10.5, 10.5.4, 10.6, 10.6.1

All fails with an improper path pointer of/to BaseClasses, baseclasses path are on the rott as where the SLN (solution file) is located but then after loading the solutions come first the error of not locating the BaseClasses.

Then once you resolve the correct point (this is a issue of blackmagic, 5 verions and again the same BAD distribution, they do not check what the hell thay are developing in a fresh computer ???) you have a lot of other issues with bad libraries, could not find lib, lib does not exist, bla bla bla problems with SDK's, SDK's some not being able to load on current OS (ej windows 10 is not able to load SDK 7) etc ..

As I need to compile this samples, can anyone point me , please to your configuration, so what your configuration OS is if you are able to run well the supplied say last SDK 10.6.1 or other one please tell mle

Microsoft OS. ?
Visual Studio's ?
Additional Net Frameworks installed ?
Window SDKs ?

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: SDK: Please can you tell me your OS and VS and NET frame

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Tony
As you have not read the forum posts, nor the read me nor the manual and do not contact our technical support, let me summarise for you. We support WDM and C++ SDK for Decklink, Ultrastudio, and Intensity under the name desktop video SDK.

On Feb 16 of 2014 - I posted this and encourage to understand it.
While we still supply Directshow in our SDK, we are not actively testing, developing, nor plan to develop any further functionality. Direct show support is not coming from Blackmagic Design and is limited to external parties that may or may not be using the modern card architecture of Decklink (4K and Quad2 models).

We do provide WDM filter and we do test some consumer editing applications. So if you seeing no issues in Media Express which is written with our SDK, then it is related to filter based API and we have no structure or plan to address support questions.

We support Windows 7 64bit, 8.1 64bit and 10 64bit. We now support Visual studio 2013 for our windows APIs. We use the latest .net framework from Microsoft.

If you actually read page 15 of the SDK document or page 56 of current manual, you would have the direct software developer support email. That is where you should direct your questions about WDM filters or C++ SDK.

Return to Software Developers