How to obtain WDM Capture filter

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Maurizio Bianchella

How to obtain WDM Capture filter

PostThu May 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi guys,
I'm actually using the 10.6.4 driver version and some last generation cards, such as Decklink Quad 2 or Decklink SDI 4K, either full-duplex cards.
I would to capture a signal using the input port, elaborate that signal and then output it by the output port.
Using GraphEdit to loop the signal, I use the Decklink Audio capture filter and Video one, as well as audio renderers filter and video one, but the graph won't run.
I've replaced the Audio capture and the video capture filters with the BlackMagic WDM Capture filter that works for Audio and Video togheter. It seems to work.
Now the questions are:
is this the right way to work, with the new drivers?
How to obtain programmatically the BM WDM filter? If I want to obtain the Decklink Audio Capture filter and Decklink Video Capture filter, I add a reference to DecklinkPublicLib.dll, then I have to create new istances of DecklinkAudioCaptureFilter and DecklinkVideoCaptureFilter for the first channel, DecklinkAudioCaptureFilter2 and DecklinkVideoCaptureFilter2 for the second channel and so on.
I think I should do something similar to obtain a refrence to BlackMagic WDM Capture filter for each input channel, but how to do it?
Maurizio Bianchella
Italy

Maurizio Bianchella

Re: How to obtain WDM Capture filter

PostFri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

No helps?
Is there a way to obtain a reference to the WDM Capture filter by using the Blackmagic Design DirectShow Type Library?
Maurizio Bianchella
Italy

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 16, 2016 3:48 am

Hi Maurizio,

The Blackmagic WDM Capture filters do not require any special handling to be instantiated, they are created via CoCreateInstance as usual.

Please see e.g. the CDSUtils::AddFilter method in the DecklinkCapture DirectShow capture sample in the DeckLink SDK (Win\DirectShow\Samples\common\Utils.cpp / Win\DirectShow\Samples\DecklinkCapture\).

Cheers,

-nick

Maurizio Bianchella

PostThu May 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Nicholas,
Thanks, it's work.
Maurizio Bianchella
Italy

Return to Software Developers