Camera Control via Bluetooth BMPCC4K – CCU not working?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

henriklied

Camera Control via Bluetooth BMPCC4K – CCU not working?

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 am

I'm working on a Python library for interacting with the BMPCC4K over Bluetooth in order to read and set values using e.g. Raspberry Pi. I've got most of group 0 (Lens) and 1 (Video) implemented, but when attempting to set the CCU values (Color Correction, group 8), I can't seem to adjust the values.

I've got a BMCC4K connected to the Arduino shield, where I can successfully submit the CCU commands. But on the BMPCC4K I get no response from the camera when sending the commands.

Any clues?

Firedan1176

Re: Camera Control via Bluetooth BMPCC4K – CCU not working?

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Can you post any code? The BMPCC4K should send back status updates when values are changed or set. In addition, you should consistently see battery status updates approximately every second from the camera. Are you registering to all the Bluetooth services?

danieltremblay514

PostMon May 13, 2019 5:12 pm

henriklied

I am interested into controling BMPCC4K over Bluetooth, i am workingon a pan tilt head controlled with a ESP32, i like to control the camera using the ESP32 Bluetooth.

Have you solved your problems?

Would you share your Python code?

Thanks

Daniel

Rey Kroona

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 5:12 am

Hi,
I know this is an older thread. But I'm trying to make an iPhone app that will act as a bridge between an Atem switch and the BMPCC 4k/6k.

I've gotten control of bluetooth for most things the switch CCU can control, except for the Color Correction things. (Still working on the Atem parts).

I'm curious if anyone can confirm if the BMPCC 4k/6k cameras in fact have Color Correction options in the SDK? Just so I can give up on this part if I know it's not actually possible.

Thanks-

Rey

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Rey,

Unfortunately, the Pocket Cameras do not have any Color Correction options so those commands will not work.

Rey Kroona

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks Kristian,
That’s helpful to know,

Rey

Return to Software Developers