HyperDeck telnet protocol - video modes, compression...

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

StepanK

HyperDeck telnet protocol - video modes, compression...

PostTue Sep 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi,

this is a plea aimed at BMD staff.

Please, in docs of a Hyperdeck protocols, commands used to set a video format, compression (file format), video in and audio in are enumerations of possible options. Problem is that all options aren't really listed anywhere it appears.. E.g. Hyperdeck extreme has no PDF in the developer section and the info in the English user manual, pg 83, lists video modes up to 4k, but no 8k. Compression is missing h265 modes. And so on, it is a mess, unfortunately.

Please, please... prepare a table - matrix, where all these modes would be listed and ticked if applicable to a given hyperdeck model... again, resolution, compression, video in, audio in and anything else of this kind, too. I am sure You'll save a lot of time of devs who are forced to set the mode manually on the deck and then dump deck's status on the telnet console to get all these constants...

And I don't have access to the deck at the moment, so I am stuck for now and only will add these once I am physically on set.

Thanks so much!

StepanK

Re: HyperDeck telnet protocol - video modes, compression...

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 7:20 am

btw, there is a command to set a recording slot of the deck (SSD disk or a CF card). Hdeck Extreme, however, has an option to record on an external usbC drive, I assume there is another value for this command to set that, right? So far, it was just int(1) or int(2) I believe.

Again, thank You in advance, let me hope for a fix of docs soon, it'll help a lot!

Return to Software Developers