DP Claudio Miranda Uses DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

DP Claudio Miranda Uses DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel

PostThu May 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Academy Award-winning DP Claudio Miranda, ASC, (“Life of Pi”) uses DaVinci Resolve Studio and the DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel for editing and color grading as part of his work as a cinematographer, as well as on his personal projects.

Known for his feature film work (“Tomorrowland,” “Oblivion,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”), as well as his work on a variety of shorts, commercials and music videos, Miranda noted that it’s important for him as a cinematographer to understand color grading and editing. “I like to test cameras. For me it is more intimate to deal with the footage by myself. To look at over and under exposure, highlight detail, color in highlights and shadows; I really get to know the capabilities of the camera and the capabilities in DI,” he said. “Over the years, I’ve spent a lot of time next to colorists and learned a lot from them. I am always asking questions, plus I find DaVinci Resolve Studio very intuitive.”

During a recent commercial shoot for the car brand Infinity, Miranda relied heavily on DaVinci Resolve Studio and the DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel on set. He explained, “We used a rear projection screen for the background of the interior shots and some tight exterior shots of the car, and DaVinci Resolve Studio’s speed really helped. I was adding blur, vertical blur, multiple Power Windows, checking lighting and sending cues to the dimmer board operator, positioning, and correcting perspective.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0180517-01

Return to Announcements