Blackmagic Design Used for Audio Post on Magnificent Madness

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Design Used for Audio Post on Magnificent Madness

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve Studio’s Fairlight audio post production tools were used to complete the upcoming TV documentary series “Magnificent Madness” by Sound Designer and Mixer Randy Bobo. Bobo, founder of Wisconsin based video and audio post production facility Independent Studios, also used a Fairlight Desktop Console to help expedite the audio post production process.

The four part documentary series, produced by Duncan Entertainment, looks at the life and times of Tazio Nuvolari, the acclaimed Italian racecar driver who rose to stardom in the 1930s. Having worked with Duncan Entertainment for more than 25 years, sound designing and mixing documentaries with Fairlight for the majority of that time, Independent Studios’ post process has become a well oiled machine.

“I started by cleaning up the dialogue and adding all the sounds needed to bring the story to life,” explained Bobo. “In this case, there was a lot of archival footage that was MOS, or that had no synchronous audio track, so I had to recreate sound for entire scenes. For example, 1930’s vintage reader cars, WW I and WW II battle scenes, people working in factories and more.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210916-01

Return to Announcements