C&I Studios’ Bicoastal Team Relied on Blackmagic Cloud

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

C&I Studios’ Bicoastal Team Relied on Blackmagic Cloud

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that end to end post production on the short film “From DC, I Love You” was completed with DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software. Relying on Blackmagic Cloud and Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini network storage solution, the workflow bridged C&I Studios’ bicoastal post team, providing seamless, real time collaboration.

From C&I Films, a subsidiary of C&I Studios, comes the film anthology series “To the Cities that I Love,” which chronicles relationships and how they come to an end. For the latest installment “From DC, I Love You,” editing, color grading and sound mixing were done in Los Angeles, and media management was completed in New York City. C&I Studios relied on Blackmagic Cloud to host the project library on the DaVinci Resolve Project Server, providing instantaneous collaboration on the same timeline for the dispersed team.

“With DaVinci Resolve Studio 18, we all worked from the same timeline in Blackmagic Cloud,” noted Joshua Miller, founder and CEO of C&I Studios. “Blackmagic Cloud meant we didn't have to send the DRPs (DaVinci Resolve project files) back and forth. All footage was loaded onto our server, and then with a Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini in each location syncing media, everyone in any studio could work on the project at once, magic!”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0221206-01

Return to Announcements