The Way I See It Uses Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

The Way I See It Uses Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

PostWed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the new documentary “The Way I See It” used a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K digital film camera to remotely capture interviews with the film’s main subject, former Chief Official White House Photographer Pete Souza.

Directed by Dawn Porter, “The Way I See It” follows the life and work of Souza, who served as a photographer for both the Reagan and Obama administrations. Premiering at the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival, the hit documentary began its theatrical run in September 2020 and made its television debut in October 2020 on MSNBC.

Production was forced to close when the COVID-19 pandemic hit in the spring of 2020, but according to Porter, halting production was not an option. Due to the film’s subject matter and relevance to the 2020 United States presidential election, it was important that the film stay on track for its fall 2020 release. The only option was to finish filming remotely, so Porter and DP Clair Popkin decided to send Souza a Pocket Cinema Camera 6K to use for his remaining interviews.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0201028-01

Return to Announcements