HPA's Film Neo-Bedouin uses URSA Mini Pro 12K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

HPA's Film Neo-Bedouin uses URSA Mini Pro 12K

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that as part of the multifilm project, “The Found Lederhosen,” for the Hollywood Professional Association’s Tech Retreat 2021, filmmaker Abeer Abdullah created “Neo-Bedouin” using the URSA Mini Pro 12K and URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 cameras.

A surreal, Sci Fi/Fantasy thriller, “Neo-Bedouin” follows Khalid, a 35 year old engineer who, due to the pandemic lockdown, loses the opportunity to showcase new technology that could solve the global energy crisis. While spiraling into claustrophobia amongst the technology that surrounds him, he discovers a box that contains a portal taking him to the desert and back. The film, directed by Abeer with cinematography by Marc Pascual, was shot in Dubai, and relied on the URSA Mini Pro 12K. “Having the 12K on set gave me the needed confidence in my creative choices, especially for visual effects,” said Abeer.

Abeer was approached by Joachim “JZ” Zell to contribute a film to the “Found Lederhosen” project, and she was excited to join in on the global concept. “I wanted to bring a touch of the Middle East in on it,” said Abeer. “I wanted to feature the desert, costumes and share some culture from the region.” But she also wanted the story to be a unique combination of both modern technology and personal journey. “I thought of presenting something new, that brings awareness to the new generation Arts & Science movement here in Dubai, our thoughts, beliefs and hope for a better future, and show it in a film about sustainable solutions that also connects to our heritage.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210402-01

Return to Announcements