I’m Fine (Thank You For Asking) Uses Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

I’m Fine (Thank You For Asking) Uses Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 am

Blackmagic Design announced today that the independent feature film “I’m Fine (Thank You For Asking)”, which had its premiere at this year’s South By Southwest Film Festival, was shot on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K in Blackmagic RAW, and graded in DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Written by Kelley Kali, Angelique Molina and Roma Kong, and codirected by Kali and Molina, the film follows a recently widowed mother who, after becoming homeless, convinces her 8 year old daughter that they are only camping for fun while she works to get them off of the streets. A micro budget feature not only about the trials of a mother during the pandemic, the film was actually shot in 2020, providing unique challenges for production while ensuring a safe set. “We had to shoot a lot in a little time,” said producer Capella Fahoome. “Our crew had to be nimble, which was what led us to our choice in cameras.”

The filmmakers chose the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K not only for the quality of the image, but also because of its design. “One reason I picked the Pocket 6K was the physical size,” said cinematographer Becky Baihi Chen. “Since we were shooting exteriors a lot, we didn’t want to draw too much attention. My first AC (Junyi "James" Song) and I put the Pocket 6K on a Ronin S and added another handle to the rig for an easier grip.” With the lead character Danny, also played by Kali, roller skating throughout the film, Chen had to find creative ways to keep the imagery organic, yet simple and easily managed, considering the small crew.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210420-01

Return to Announcements