"niko and … WINTER BOOK" Shot on URSA Mini Pro 12K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Stephanie Hueter

Blackmagic Design

"niko and … WINTER BOOK" Shot on URSA Mini Pro 12K

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am

Blackmagic Design today announced that renowned cinematographer, Toyotaro Shigemori, used Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K to shoot the web movie “niko and … WINTER BOOK.” The film, which was created as part of an ad campaign for the fashion/lifestyle brand “niko and …” was also graded using DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Toyotaro Shigemori is an award winning cinematographer who has shot a number of well known corporate TV commercials, music videos and feature films. He is also known as a cameraman who mostly uses film cameras, and 80% of his work has been shot on film cameras. For “niko and … WINTER BOOK,” starring young and talented actors, Masaki Suda and Nana Komatsu, Shigemori captured the fantastic world of a picture book created by renowned art director, Chie Morimoto.

“I have been working with Morimoto, the art director, for the brand and had mostly shot their movies on 35 mm film. However, for the previous project of this winter version, I used a different camera – the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. I was asked what kind of movie we should make, and I suggested to make the actors pose as mannequins and let them freeze their movement, as the project was originally used for photography. They liked the idea so I needed a camera which was easy to move around as the actors couldn’t move at all. So I shot the movie on the Pocket Cinema Camera mounted on RONIN and I liked it,” said Shigemori.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210602-01

Return to Announcements