Hulu Series Iki wo Hisomete Shot With Blackmagic Cameras

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Hulu Series Iki wo Hisomete Shot With Blackmagic Cameras

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 12:12 am

Blackmagic Design announced that the Hulu original series, “Iki wo Hisomete,” was shot on Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. The series used DaVinci Resolve Studio with Speed Editor and Editing Keyboard for color correction, preparing for final delivery globally and editing.

“Iki wo Hisomete” consists of eight episodes, is directed by award winning Ryutaro Nakagawa and stars many of Japan’s top actors. This heartwarming omnibus drama series from Hulu has aired since April 23rd and depicts life and relationships of people living near Japan’s Tamagawa River during Covid‑19 time in 2020.

The series, which was shot and posted during Japan’s Covid quarantine, used Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G2 cameras as their main cameras. Senzo Ueno, the director of photography of this series, said: “I mostly used only one camera and sometimes I used another URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. I chose the G2 because it has a wide range of latitude. The series is a rather quiet story, so I kept camera movement to a minimum and used natural light as much as possible.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210608-01

Return to Announcements