NY Film Academy Uses DaVinci Resolve’s Fairlight for Audio

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

NY Film Academy Uses DaVinci Resolve’s Fairlight for Audio

PostThu Jul 08, 2021 4:04 pm

New York Film Academy Uses DaVinci Resolve’s Fairlight for Audio Post Courses

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve’s Fairlight audio post production tools are being used by New York Film Academy’s Los Angeles campus as part of the sound department’s curriculum. The software helped Head of the Sound Department, Huch Platt, and his students pivot to remote learning in 2020 when they needed to quickly find a way to access professional post production tools at home.

“The challenge came when COVID-19 hit and everything went remote,” explained Platt. “I needed to find a software solution that was not only free, but easy for the students to install and work with, since they are using a variety of computers, basically whatever they have at home, and I can’t spend the classes troubleshooting.”

Platt noted that DaVinci Resolve is accessible and intuitive. “The students just download it, and it works, which is a huge blessing for me because I can focus on teaching. Not worrying about the technical aspects allows the students to focus on being creative too,” he said.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210708-01

Return to Announcements