National Geographic Series Uses URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

National Geographic Series Uses URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Blackmagic Design announced today that season one of National Geographic’s adventure competition series, “Race to the Center of the Earth” shot with multiple URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2s as their primary camera system.

Created by “Amazing Race” producers Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster, the new competition show follows four teams starting in different corners of the Earth, racing along designated routes through a variety of challenging terrains. On the last leg, the four teams meet in Hawaii and race to a buoy in the middle of the ocean. The winning team splits a million dollar prize.

Cinematographer Joshua Gitersonke was no newcomer to challenging races around the world. Having worked on “The Amazing Race” for sixteen seasons, and ultimately becoming the Director of Photography for the show, he knew he could bring a lot of history and experience to the type of shooting adventure photography needed. “I had the opportunity in those years to learn a lot from Bertram,” said Gitersonke. “He’s an accomplished cinematographer on his own, as well as producer and director, so I was honored he and Elise Doganeiri chose me to lead up the photography on ‘Race to the Center of the Earth.’”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210811-01

Return to Announcements