Dr. Martens Redefining Feminism In Punk Doc Uses Blackmagic

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Dr. Martens Redefining Feminism In Punk Doc Uses Blackmagic

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Blackmagic Design announced today that the newest installment of the “Dr. Martens Presents” documentary film series, titled “Redefining Feminism in Punk: Los Angeles,” was shot on the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K and graded in DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Director Alison Roberto was excited to be approached about the series by the iconic shoe designer. “Dr. Martens came to me and gave me the option to choose any scene in Los Angeles for the episode. I’ve always been fascinated with the Los Angeles punk scene and how punk resurges into the mainstream when we are in political and social upheaval.” Roberto pitched an idea that encompassed the challenges and trials of women in punk throughout the years, featuring veterans Exene Servenka (X) and Patty Schemel (Hole), as well as LA Witch and up and coming The Linda Lindas.

Roberto and long time collaborator and cinematographer Sebastien Paquet shot with their go to system, the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K. “We’ve had our Pocket 6K for a few years now,” said Roberto. “This camera has completely changed the game for us in terms of bringing cinematic quality to lower budget projects. It is the only camera of such quality and depth in this price range.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0211109-01

Return to Announcements