Feature Film Single Mother Uses Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Feature Film Single Mother Uses Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 04, 2022 9:00 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the feature film “Single Mother by Choice,” currently streaming on HBO Max, was shot using the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K digital film camera and was finished using DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software.

Tracking a real life pregnancy, the fictional film tells the story of Eva, a Latinx workaholic who is determined to have a baby on her own terms and gets more than she bargained for when she gets pregnant in the year 2020. The film stars Selina Ringel, whose husband, Dan Levy Dagerman, directed the film.

From the beginning, Dagerman intended to shoot the project with a streamlined crew using the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K. “I was really inspired by friends who had made amazing features with small crews shooting on weekends, and I thought we could lean into this model,” said Dagerman. “My wife was working on another series, which was shot on the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, and I was really impressed with the image.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0220404-01

Return to Announcements