Tokyo’s ARTONE FILM Installs DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panels

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Tokyo’s ARTONE FILM Installs DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panels

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 1:29 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the new post production studio ARTONE FILM has installed DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software and DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panels for its grading services. ARTONE FILM, founded by experienced colorists Masahiro Ishiyama and Toshiki Kamei, specializes in color correction and since its opening in 2021 has worked on many projects, including Netflix originals, feature films, commercials and music videos.

Both Ishiyama and Kamei have years of experience providing color correction for films, TV shows, music videos and commercials using DaVinci Resolve Studio. ARTONE FILM has quickly grown to become one of the most popular color correction houses in Tokyo, completing the Netflix originals "Asakusa Kid" and "The Journalist," the new feature film "Yomei Jyunen (Ten Years to Live)," music videos such as King Gnu's "Boy," Domico's "Chi wo Kirai Niku wo Konomu” (“I Hate Blood and Prefer Meat”), BUMP OF CHICKEN's "Small World," and TV commercials for companies such as Taisho Pharmaceutical and UQ mobile.

Ishiyama explained about the launch of the studio: “I wanted to create a company where colorists could make business decisions. By having the colorists themselves involved in the management, they could maximize their creativity. It never crossed my mind to become a freelance colorist. Since film/video is a comprehensive art form, I wanted to gather a lot of artists and do something as a company, rather than doing something on my own. That's why I approached Kamei. I had taken notice of him since I was an assistant colorist, as I had seen his grading at Blackmagic Design seminars, and I liked the style of color he created."

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0220406-01

Return to Announcements