DaVinci Resolve Studio Used on Shin Ultraman

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

DaVinci Resolve Studio Used on Shin Ultraman

PostWed Jul 27, 2022 1:49 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software was used for data management on the hit movie "Shin Ultraman.” A Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K digital film camera, as well as an UltraStudio Mini Monitor playback device, were also used on the production.

“Shin Ultraman" is a film based on the popular tokusatsu (special effects) drama "Ultraman," which was first broadcast in 1966. The film was planned, written and supervised by filmmaker/anime creator Hideaki Anno, an avowed fan of the Ultraman series. The film was directed by Shinji Higuchi, who has worked with Anno on numerous films, including the hit film "Shin Godzilla.” “Shin Ultraman" is an entertaining work that can be enjoyed by any generation, as it includes many scenes which are an homage to the original work.

DaVinci Resolve Studio was used for data management, QC and creating offline material during filming. “DaVinci Resolve is an easy and reliable data management hub. For data copying, I used Resolve's clone tool, and I played back the copied footage in Resolve for quality checks. Since DaVinci Resolve is an application that can be used for finishing, I was more confident in my quality checks. I also used an UltraStudio Mini Monitor for monitoring, not only for this film but also for many other works,” said Takuto Watanabe, DIT of the film.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0220727-01

Return to Announcements