Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee Shot with URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee Shot with URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2

PostWed Aug 24, 2022 5:20 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the popular Tamil film “Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee” was shot entirely with the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 digital film camera. The independent film, which has won awards in India, New York City and Macedonia, was shot by DP Sujith Sarang using the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 to capture the nostalgia of high school life in the 1990s as well as pub life in 2022.

“Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee” tells the story of a group of high school kids growing up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and attending a strict Catholic school. The first half of the film takes place in the late 1990s and then moves into the present day where we see the same group reminiscing in a pub one night. The 2022 coming of age film was written and directed by Darbuka Siva and produced by Sameer Bharat Ram.

“With ‘Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee’ I wanted to get a very organic look. I wanted the experience to feel as though someone is observing from close by and not to feel like watching a film. We also wanted to give the feeling of a sunny flashback to the 90s while being able to use the darkness of a group of friends at a pub for the second half. That required a camera that could let me work in both scenarios, but also be affordable since this was an independent film. The URSA Mini Pro fit perfectly,” Sarang said.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0220824-01

Return to Announcements