Blackmagic Cameras Used for Shooting with BMW Web Movies

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Cameras Used for Shooting with BMW Web Movies

PostTue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K digital film cameras were used to shoot the BMW web movie series "with BMW,” which was produced by the creative company bird and insect. Shuma, the director for the “with BMW” series, also used DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software for post production.

The series, which began in 2020, is a collaboration with the magazine Discover Japan. The series features BMW cars as they travel around Japan with creators and artists involved in craftmanship. bird and insect, the creative company behind this popular project, produces videos, photographs and designs, including branding and PR strategies, for clients. The company has used various Blackmagic Design digital film cameras and DaVinci Resolve Studio for a number of projects in the past.

“Since this series is based on the theme of craftsmanship in Japan, I wanted to bring out a Japaneseness in colors as well. For me, the colors of Japan are more ambiguous and subtle, not like clear cut colors, and I thought that the tints produced by Blackmagic cameras would be highly compatible with such subtle expressions,” said Shuma of bird and insect.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0220920-01

Return to Announcements