Flying Lap Media Shoots Rolex 24 with Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Flying Lap Media Shoots Rolex 24 with Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 8:00 pm

Cinematographer Chris Ortenburger is no stranger to racing. It was, after all, the reason he began shooting in the first place. “I am a former racer myself who once had dreams of making it to the top levels of motorsport as a driver,” he said. “I knew having video of myself as a driver that looked professional would give me a marketing advantage, so that naturally meant learning the vocabulary and characteristics to better ask for the footage I needed.”

It wasn’t long after that when other drivers began asking him to shoot them in action as well. With that, a new career was born.

From his beginnings as a driver looking for good footage of himself, Ortenburger has evolved to the big leagues of racing, automotive and action sports, and now with his company Flying Lap Media, he works with clients such as GT World Challenge America, Fanatec, BMW North America, CrowdStrike Racing and International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) to name a few. He recently shot footage at the Rolex 24 At Daytona and is headed off to the season opener for the NTT IndyCar Series in St. Petersburg, Florida.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0230313-01

Return to Announcements