Indie Feature FIRST Shot & Finished w/ Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Indie Feature FIRST Shot & Finished w/ Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 11, 2023 5:23 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the independent feature film “FIRST” was shot with Blackmagic Design cameras, and edited, completed visual effects and graded using DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software. The film, codirected and coproduced by Jahmela Yarbrough and Brandon Yarbrough, was shot by Cinematographer Will Novy. The film recently premiered at the Academy Awards© qualifying Pan African Film Festival.

“FIRST” follows Charles (Will Catlett), an aspiring documentarian who has let go of his dream of being a filmmaker. However, when Charles reconnects with his childhood friend Robin (Jahmela B. Yarbrough), sparks fly, and they both find themselves entering territory that they longed for but always feared. Charles documents the journey as these childhood friends fall in love, one first at a time.

The concept of “FIRST” began as a digital series on Issa Rae’s YouTube channel, HOORAE Media. “I wrote ‘FIRST’ simply because I had an affinity for love stories and longed to see one told where the characters looked like me. After two seasons I quickly realized there are so many others just like me from all over the world craving to see and experience the same thing,” said Jahmela.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0230510-01

Return to Announcements