Sci Fi Short Outpost Shot & Graded with Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Sci Fi Short Outpost Shot & Graded with Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 27, 2023 5:26 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the science fiction short film “Outpost,” which premiered at the 2023 Dances With Films festival, was shot on the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K digital film camera, with post production completed in DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software.

In a futuristic wasteland, “Outpost” follows an overconfident marauder and his snarky robot companion as they pillage an abandoned bunker and have an unexpected encounter. The film stars Jamie Costa (“Robot Riot,” “Bring Him To Me”) and Steph Barkley (“Episodes from Apocalypse,” “Alone”), and was shot by cinematographer William Hellmuth. The project was produced by Julianna Ulrich, Brian Ulrich, Jamie Costa and Director Benjamin Anklam.

Long time collaborators and close friends Costa and Anklam had been musing about a project together for some time. “I had been wanting to do a story with this plot device for years,” said Anklam. “After I wrote the script I sent it to Jamie and he loved it and we said, ‘What if we just did this?’ We filmed the whole thing in one day, four weeks after I sent him my script.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0230626-01

Return to Announcements