URSA Broadcast G2 Captures Live News for Law & Crime Network

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

URSA Broadcast G2 Captures Live News for Law & Crime Network

PostThu Jul 20, 2023 4:10 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that live news footage for Law and Crime, a live trial network, is being shot with a Blackmagic URSA Broadcast G2 camera by Videographer William von Tagen. Since there are no second chances when it comes to breaking news, URSA Broadcast G2 helps von Tagen deliver on the requirements of a live ENG workflow, including its ability to easily shoot on the fly, regardless of the environment, as well as capture longform and archival content.

When von Tagen began working with Law and Crime, access to an ENG camera was part of the job requirement. “I knew URSA Broadcast G2 would offer the tools I need to get the job done,” he said. “There are plenty of affordable media options for recording, it has all the external connection ports my workflow requires, such as internal audio recording via full sized XLR inputs and an SDI output for a LiveU transmitter, and the menu system is perfect for fast, live shoots.”

“Having all the ENG camera controls accessible for changing settings without diving into a menu is imperative for a news gathering environment. You only get one shot, one take. I can’t stop the world while I scroll through menus to change brightness or increase audio levels. Those controls are at my fingertips with the URSA Broadcast G2, even in the viewfinder with its built in options and programable function buttons. False color is my most used tool, and I click it on and off constantly to make sure exposure is good on my reporter’s face, keeping it in a nice position in comparison to the ultra bright or dark backgrounds.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0230720-01

Return to Announcements