Film Alien Country Completed with with Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Stephanie Hueter

Blackmagic Design

Film Alien Country Completed with with Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 2:24 pm

With their latest feature film “Alien Country,” filmmakers and content creators Renny Grames and Boston McConnaughey, known for their YouTube channel Renny and Boston, leveraged their success on YouTube to complete a passion project years in the making, one that directly interfaced with their audience and followers.

McConnaughey explained, “Our YouTube channel began with sketches and short fan films based on video games. We slowly but surely grew our following, and that, coupled with separate commercial work, helped us lay the groundwork to transition into the longform content we’ve always wanted to make.”

“We see the rise of the ‘mini studio,’ or filmmakers coming up from YouTube who can compete visually with the big studios, thanks to the democratization of technology, and who have the added benefit of a built in audience used to interacting with them,” he elaborated. “There’s room at the table for both, as I might go to the grocery store to buy a brand name item, but I’ll also go to the farmers’ market for something indie or local where I can connect directly with the artisan.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0231121-01

Return to Announcements