The Legend of King Kang-Mi Used Blackmagic Design Workflow

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

The Legend of King Kang-Mi Used Blackmagic Design Workflow

PostThu Feb 01, 2024 2:35 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the short film “The Legend of King Kang-Mi” was shot with the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K digital film camera and completed post production using DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software.

In the film, a half frozen tracker's arrival sparks fear and doubt as his horrifying tales unfold, leaving everyone to wonder who the true threat is. Developed in collaboration with Strong Water Anaheim, a popular Tiki Bar located in Southern California, the film was a sequel to “The Zombie King of Balacombe,” as part of a series of creative short films designed to promote the business and its unique drink offerings. Unlike a commercial, Strong Water Anaheim’s goal was to create a world around their brand.

Director Brian Ulrich was approached by the company’s Creative Visionary Robert Adamson. “Robert came to me with this idea of ‘King Kang-Mi,’ which is Tibetan for snowman,” said Ulrich. “From the start, I had this image in my mind: smash cutting from the title to a ship frozen in ice at the foot of the Himalayan mountains, with a Tibetan fishing village in the background.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0240201-01

Return to Announcements