Influencer Shelby Church Uses Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Influencer Shelby Church Uses Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 07, 2024 7:04 pm

With nearly two million subscribers and 157 million views, Church’s popular lifestyle videos focus on real estate, technology and travel, and offer a stylish and informative approach to a wide variety of topics. Church, a Los Angeles native, has always embraced technology, both in front of and behind the camera. Her transition to DaVinci Resolve Studio for editing began with a simple tool. “Initially, it was the stabilization feature,” said Church. “I found it worked a lot better than any others I had tried. When shooting I found it was difficult to get a stable shot without a tripod or gimbal, but when I ran my footage through the stabilization tool it looked amazing.”

Though she had continued to edit in other software, Church soon realized working inside of DaVinci Resolve Studio’s full toolset made more sense. “As I discovered more features I couldn't live without, it made more sense to just stay within Resolve. I now use it to fully edit my YouTube videos from start to finish,” she said. Church found a wide range of tools within DaVinci Resolve that are now critical to her workflow.

“The features I really can't go without now are voice isolation, magic mask, stabilization and power bins. The voice isolation tool is very easy to use and quickly cleans up background noise in audio. Magic mask was a little more complicated but still pretty easy. There are so many tutorials on YouTube for Resolve that make it easy to learn,” she said. She relies on the transcribe tool to help manage long interviews, as well as the motion tracking tool. “I often need to blur out people, brands, for example, and I can do it in 20 seconds or less in Resolve."

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0240207-01

Return to Announcements