Oyaji Camp Meshi Shot on Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Oyaji Camp Meshi Shot on Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro

PostFri Feb 16, 2024 6:09 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that season three of the popular YouTube drama “Oyaji Camp Meshi”, which is also available on Amazon Prime, was shot on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro digital film camera. In addition to the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, the production also utilized DaVinci Resolve Studio with DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel and Video Assist 7” 12G HDR monitor/recorder.

The YouTube drama “Oyaji Camp Meshi” features the former owner of a Chinese restaurant, Akio Sakamoto (Yoshimasa Kondo), who lives a solo camping life while still cooking amazing dishes. The main focus of the show is the interaction with unique campers who occasionally visit and showcasing how to cook easy to make Chinese dishes while camping. Season one’s Kyoto edition is also available on Amazon Prime.

Masaki Masugi, director, spoke about the inspiration behind the project: “During the 2020 pandemic, there was a period I had no work. When I wanted to do something, I thought about creating a show that provides 30 minutes of chill time in the midst of not being able to go out. I wanted to make a drama series where you can watch it without getting too immersed in the story. Something you can enjoy while feeling nature and delicious food. Then I approached the lead actor Yoshimasa Kondo and people I really wanted to work with to make the production happen.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0240213-01

Return to Announcements