Helmut Lang Campaign Shot with Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Helmut Lang Campaign Shot with Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K

PostWed Feb 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that photographer and director Philipp Paulus (@philipppaulus) produced pre fall 2024 campaigns, motion lookbooks and fashion shows for luxury clothing brand Helmut Lang using a variety of Blackmagic Design products, including the new Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K digital film camera.

“When I heard about a new full frame camera with the possibility to shoot open gate, I was beyond excited,” said Paulus. “I’ve always found the squarer 4:3 format to be more beautiful and photographic than the Super 16 wide format. Being able to have that 4:3 format on a full frame sensor with even more wide angle lenses sounded like the camera I have been waiting for and gives me the photographic format that I always admired in film.”

While a lookbook usually contains around 40 photographs, for the 2024 spring season and for the first time in its campaigns, Helmut Lang wanted a motion lookbook comprised of 54 short video clips of interactions between protagonists, roughly 15 seconds long each.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0240228-01

Return to Announcements