Once Upon a Time DP Stephen Jackson Uses Blackmagic Cameras

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Once Upon a Time DP Stephen Jackson Uses Blackmagic Cameras

PostFri Jan 30, 2015 3:23 pm

Blackmagic Design announced that Stephen Jackson, the director of photography for ABC’s Once Upon a Time uses Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF regularly on the show.

Once Upon a Time’s success and popularity has consistently made it a top twenty series, and it is currently in its fourth season. Stephen Jackson is a Vancouver based director of photography for some of the biggest shows and films, including Once Upon a Time, V, Hellboy 3, Cabin in the Woods and 4400. He has been the primary DP for Once Upon a Time since its beginning, and uses the Blackmagic Cinema Camera for various shots on the show.

“When the show I worked on was thinking about replacing our aging cameras we looked at many possibilities. One of my camera people had been at NAB and seen the Blackmagic cameras and was very impressed. So after a little research I settled on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. As it was a replacement for our “crash cam” we bought the camera with the EF mount to continue with our Canon lenses,” said Jackson.

To read more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/ ... seID=62295

Return to Announcements