SmallRig is having problems delivering Products! **SOLVED**

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

tclark513

  • Posts: 39
  • Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm
  • Real Name: Todd Clark

SmallRig is having problems delivering Products! **SOLVED**

PostFri May 07, 2021 1:04 pm

My order was returned to SmallRig and I have not heard anything from the company. I received a "delivered" notice, and that means it was delivered (returned) to SmallRig.
It never made it out of China. Their phone number is not working either. Verizon says the phone is powered off.

Update...
SmallRig fixed their shipping issue.
Last edited by tclark513 on Fri May 21, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAMERA: Pocket 6K OS: Windows 10 Pro Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi RAM: 64 GB G.Skill CPU: Ryzen 3900X HARD DRIVES: OS-NVMe M.2 500 GB / CACHE-NVMe M.2 1TB / ASSETS-NVMe M.2 2TB GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Super 442.19 Resolve Studio 16.2.0055
Offline

Ellory Yu

  • Posts: 2277
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 07, 2021 2:33 pm

tclark513 wrote:My order was returned to SmallRig and I have not heard anything from the company. I received a "delivered" notice, and that means it was delivered (returned) to SmallRig.
It never made it out of China. Their phone number is not working either. Verizon says the phone is powered off.

That's odd. I just emailed their support on a smallrig product I own a couple of days ago and they responded the next day. Always buy your products from reseller unless you need after warranty support then contact the manufacturer. SmallRig is pretty legit and have good products.
MSI Raider X99 MB / Intel i7 5280 6 core CPU / 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb GPU / 32Gb 3200 RAM / Decklink 4K Mini Monitor / 240Gb SSD OS Drive / 4Tb RAID 0 SSD Cache/Scratch Drive / 24Tb 7200rpm Data Drive / Win 10 Pro 64bit / Resolve 17
Offline

Brad Hurley

  • Posts: 1753
  • Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:42 pm
  • Location: Montréal

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:02 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:Always buy your products from reseller unless you need after warranty support then contact the manufacturer. SmallRig is pretty legit and have good products.


I've ordered products directly from SmallRig and from resellers. Resellers tend to be much faster, as long as what you want is in stock: my typical waiting time from a reseller like Amazon is 1-2 days; receiving things I ordered directly from SmallRig often took a month or two.
Resolve 17 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2
Offline

SteveDGreen

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Fri May 07, 2021 3:19 pm
  • Real Name: Stephen Green

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm

I had something similar.

e-mail from SmallRig to say it had shipped.

a text from FedEx that it was out for delivery.

Signed for by someone I haven't heard of, and I was in all day.


FedEx said it hadn't left China, and no response from Smallrig via e-mail.

Second text from FedEx that it would arrive by 12th May...
Offline

tclark513

  • Posts: 39
  • Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm
  • Real Name: Todd Clark

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:59 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:
tclark513 wrote:My order was returned to SmallRig and I have not heard anything from the company. I received a "delivered" notice, and that means it was delivered (returned) to SmallRig.
It never made it out of China. Their phone number is not working either. Verizon says the phone is powered off.

That's odd. I just emailed their support on a smallrig product I own a couple of days ago and they responded the next day. Always buy your products from reseller unless you need after warranty support then contact the manufacturer. SmallRig is pretty legit and have good products.


That's what I figured so I ordered to get on their pre-order list to get it quicker. Somebody else on the forum had the same issue.
CAMERA: Pocket 6K OS: Windows 10 Pro Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi RAM: 64 GB G.Skill CPU: Ryzen 3900X HARD DRIVES: OS-NVMe M.2 500 GB / CACHE-NVMe M.2 1TB / ASSETS-NVMe M.2 2TB GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Super 442.19 Resolve Studio 16.2.0055
Offline
User avatar

Radu Vaidean

  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 07, 2021 9:23 pm

tclark513 wrote:My order was returned to SmallRig and I have not heard anything from the company. I received a "delivered" notice, and that means it was delivered (returned) to SmallRig.
It never made it out of China. Their phone number is not working either. Verizon says the phone is powered off.


Had the exact same problem, package said it was delivered 3 days ago. Called FedEx, it was returned to sender for some reason. They sent it again today. I dont know whats going on there!
http://www.moving-pictures.ro/
Offline

randyd

  • Posts: 43
  • Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:05 pm
  • Location: Texas
  • Real Name: Randy Dees

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostSat May 08, 2021 3:11 am

It sounds like Customs issues. packages are not making it out China.
Offline

JonPais

  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 am
  • Warnings: 1

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostSat May 08, 2021 10:47 pm

I never tried calling a manufacturer in China before. I’d like to eavesdrop on one of those conversations though!
https://daejeonchronicles.com
Offline

JonPais

  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 am
  • Warnings: 1

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostSat May 08, 2021 10:50 pm

randyd wrote:It sounds like Customs issues. packages are not making it out China.

Not so. I ordered a part for my Tilta cage from China through AliExpress a couple weeks ago, no problem. But if there was a problem, I would not be posting hysterical warnings (**BEWARE**) about Tilta on the Internet. Very strange the OP makes no mention of trying to email the seller to resolve the issue first before publishing urgent warnings implying the company has up and left. Is this the very first time a package being shipped overseas during a worldwide pandemic has ever gone missing?

Since the OP fails to even mention what it is they ordered, we can only assume it is something inconsequential. I can't even imagine starting an overwrought thread about a piece of kit that went AWOL, notifying everyone that the seller is unreliable, without saying what that gear was!! The appropriate action to take in situations like this is to contact the seller or the shipper and wait for their reply, not maliciously broadcasting in the forums that a reputable manufacturer is not fulfilling their obligations. The title of the thread makes it sound like this is a problem affecting millions around the world when in fact it is just one person making a mountain out of a molehill.
https://daejeonchronicles.com
Offline

tclark513

  • Posts: 39
  • Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm
  • Real Name: Todd Clark

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostWed May 19, 2021 12:30 pm

JonPais wrote:
randyd wrote:It sounds like Customs issues. packages are not making it out China.

Not so. I ordered a part for my Tilta cage from China through AliExpress a couple weeks ago, no problem. But if there was a problem, I would not be posting hysterical warnings (**BEWARE**) about Tilta on the Internet. Very strange the OP makes no mention of trying to email the seller to resolve the issue first before publishing urgent warnings implying the company has up and left. Is this the very first time a package being shipped overseas during a worldwide pandemic has ever gone missing?

Since the OP fails to even mention what it is they ordered, we can only assume it is something inconsequential. I can't even imagine starting an overwrought thread about a piece of kit that went AWOL, notifying everyone that the seller is unreliable, without saying what that gear was!! The appropriate action to take in situations like this is to contact the seller or the shipper and wait for their reply, not maliciously broadcasting in the forums that a reputable manufacturer is not fulfilling their obligations. The title of the thread makes it sound like this is a problem affecting millions around the world when in fact it is just one person making a mountain out of a molehill.


hysterical?? HAHAHA!! Looks like we have a different interpretation of hysterical. I'm sorry, NOT sorry that I was trying help customers not lose money while issues were being sorted out. This thread was moved so I didn't even notice the replies. Smallrig did solve the issue.

overwrought? You do make me laugh. Thank you for that.
CAMERA: Pocket 6K OS: Windows 10 Pro Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi RAM: 64 GB G.Skill CPU: Ryzen 3900X HARD DRIVES: OS-NVMe M.2 500 GB / CACHE-NVMe M.2 1TB / ASSETS-NVMe M.2 2TB GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Super 442.19 Resolve Studio 16.2.0055
Offline
User avatar

jamedia

  • Posts: 409
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:21 pm
  • Location: Birmingham UK
  • Real Name: Chris Hills

Re: **BEWARE** SmallRig is having problems delivering Produc

PostFri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm

tclark513 wrote:hysterical?? HAHAHA!! Looks like we have a different interpretation of hysterical. I'm sorry, NOT sorry that I was trying help customers not lose money while issues were being sorted out. This thread was moved so I didn't even notice the replies. Smallrig did solve the issue.

overwrought? You do make me laugh. Thank you for that.


I think you need to change the title and remove the "BEWARE" and replace it with "SOLVED" at the end.
Especially as SmallRig solved the problem.

I would also say your interpretation of hysterical is not the same as mine either. You were clearly making a mountain out of a molehill.
JAmedia, Birmingham UK
www.JAmedia.uk

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests