Sharing Newbie's music video clips for advice

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

snoopy2006

Sharing Newbie's music video clips for advice

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Hello all,
I'd be happy to share my latest music video clip which I produced with DR 18 Beta. I am a real newbie and would really appreciate any comment, ideas, recommendations etc. to better my work.
Having creative fun with a friend who composes music and sings, I write the lyrics, film and produce the video clip.

Please be kind and don't laugh, currently, I'm filming with my OnePlus 7T smart phone and a gimble (yea, this is just a hobby at this time).

I am considering purchasing beginners' camera for increased control and quality of the image. Would any one of you have a recommendation for a camera around 700 to 800$/€ for noobs?

Thanks for your feedback.

T.
HP PAVILION 15-eg0000sf
Win11 Family 21H2 64 v. 22000.652
11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz Tiger Lake-U
2 x 8GB DDR4 3200M 1TB SSD
Mother board 87CB (U3E1)
BIOS Sys F.30
Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver v 30.0.100.9955
DVR 18.0B BUILD 10

Jim Simon

Re: Sharing Newbie's music video clips for advice

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 3:38 pm

As a YouTube connoisseur, one thing that I find very common and always annoying is the inclusion of delays, off-topic or irrelevant content.

In this case, I really appreciate the complete lack of any "Like, Subscribe, blah blah" nonsense. So thank you for that.

But there is some material in there I would rather you left out - the start and end titles. They're unnecessary and only delay my getting to the content I want to see at the start, and the next video I want to see at the end.

So...begin the music video right away. Add the artist's name and song title to a lower third, MTV style. And when the music is over, just fade to black and end the video. Include any copyright info also as a lower third near the end.

In other words - get in quick, get out quick. Don't waste the viewer's time.

snoopy2006

Re: Sharing Newbie's music video clips for advice

PostThu Jun 02, 2022 11:20 am

Jim Simon wrote:As a YouTube connoisseur, one thing that I find very common and always annoying is the inclusion of delays, off-topic or irrelevant content.

In this case, I really appreciate the complete lack of any "Like, Subscribe, blah blah" nonsense. So thank you for that.

But there is some material in there I would rather you left out - the start and end titles. They're unnecessary and only delay my getting to the content I want to see at the start, and the next video I want to see at the end.

So...begin the music video right away. Add the artist's name and song title to a lower third, MTV style. And when the music is over, just fade to black and end the video. Include any copyright info also as a lower third near the end.

In other words - get in quick, get out quick. Don't waste the viewer's time.

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I completely understand what you are saying and appreciate the insight. Will take this into consideration for the next productions.

Take care.
Thierry.
HP PAVILION 15-eg0000sf
Win11 Family 21H2 64 v. 22000.652
11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz Tiger Lake-U
2 x 8GB DDR4 3200M 1TB SSD
Mother board 87CB (U3E1)
BIOS Sys F.30
Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver v 30.0.100.9955
DVR 18.0B BUILD 10

Return to Off-Topic