Corrupted files (Photo + Video) after HDD crash

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

DeanDaVinci

Corrupted files (Photo + Video) after HDD crash

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi guys, do you have any good recommendations for a good MOV 'repair' app? My HDD completely broke, and a recovering company recovered most of it. Unfortunately, a bunch of my videos and CR2 (RAW photo) files are not repairable by any tools I tried so far, but I am too stubborn to call it quits (they do have their size visible in GB, some metadata visible, and even tried to amend it by giving other files to the apps to take metadata from, but no luck so far). Apps I've tried so far are: Yodot MOV Repair, Wondershare Repairit / Recoverit, SysTools Mac Photo Repair, StellarRepairforVideo + Photo, Remo Video Repair/Recover, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Disk Drill, Cisdem Data Recovery and some online tools. Files do exist - but won't play. Of course, they were probably hit too hard when my HDD broke and could be beyond repair, but I want to try whatever I can. And yes, I did have a backup (time machine on Mac) but Murphy's law came up and it didn't help. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Return to Off-Topic