Where to hire Resolve folks in Denver area

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

fullmetalfilm

Where to hire Resolve folks in Denver area

PostWed Jan 01, 2020 8:34 pm

I run a small production shop. We're brand new. We're working on both corporate and narrative. Just started and a team of two full-timers right now. Well funded and able to pay market rates without any work-for-your-reel stuff. We are a 100% BM shop and shoot on URSA G2's and BMPCC 6K. We have new modern gear and an awesome space. Our entire workflow including VFX is 100% Resolve.

Much of the industry is focused on Premiere/FCP for editing and platforms other than Fusion for VFX. So there is a lot of talent for those other products. We are looking to do things a little differently and have our workflow be 100% Resolve and occasionally use an external provider when needed, but will be bringing their output into Resolve.

I think Resolve has reached a point of inflection in terms of maturity, capability and stability and the time is right to use a 100% Resolve based workflow and reap the benefits that come with that.

We're based in Littleton at a well known studio and lighting facility run by a gaffer who is kind of a local legend. He's rented us a few rooms in the back for our projects. So super nice vibe with good people who have done great things.

Some time in 2020 I'll be looking to hire Resolve folks for project based work. This will include media management on and off set, editing (dailies on set and post), VFX (fusion), Color and sound (Fairlight) with of course final export. We'll probably break things up and not expect individuals to be masters of the entire workflow.

My question is - for this kind of work, where should I post job ads or where should I be networking to find good people in Denver who have great energy and are super strong on Resolve - and hopefully bring some experience?

Thanks,

Mark.

Return to Off-Topic