Bars and Tone

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Allen24

Bars and Tone

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 am

Why is making bars and tone not a simple one click operation? You have to make bars in the edit page and then you have to go into Fairlight and make some cockimanie connections to make tone and then how do you get the tone into the edit page?
I'm really liking Resolve but its soooo convoluted. In Premiere Pro, you right click in any bin and go bars and tone and its just there. This is something very very basic.

And not to harp on my other subject... but not being able to force render on the timeline is a deal-breaker. I've read many tutorials on how to do it - but it just doesn't work. I put a sapphire plug-in on a clip, it turns red, I tell it to cashe, it turns blue, and then it still doesn't play. Really?

Hoping Resolve 17 will fix all of this. We don't need any new pages, we need everything to just work and to work simply and quickly.

Thanks!

iddos-l

Re: Bars and Tone

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 5:55 am

Not arguing but try to do the same in avid...

ricardo marty

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Allen24 wrote:Why is making bars and tone not a simple one click operation? You have to make bars in the edit page and then you have to go into Fairlight and make some cockimanie connections to make tone and then how do you get the tone into the edit page?
I'm really liking Resolve but its soooo convoluted. In Premiere Pro, you right click in any bin and go bars and tone and its just there. This is something very very basic.

And not to harp on my other subject... but not being able to force render on the timeline is a deal-breaker. I've read many tutorials on how to do it - but it just doesn't work. I put a sapphire plug-in on a clip, it turns red, I tell it to cashe, it turns blue, and then it still doesn't play. Really?

Hoping Resolve 17 will fix all of this. We don't need any new pages, we need everything to just work and to work simply and quickly.

Thanks!

I made a render of bars and tone in premiere and then exported to redolve.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Allen24

PostTue Jan 28, 2020 4:16 am

That’s a great idea… But isn’t it a little much? I mean bars and tone is kind of like part of the basics.
We Shouldn’t have to “need” premiere Pro if we have Resolve.
Thanks for the tip.
Now just tell me how I can force render on the timeline and I’ll be a happy camper.

Jim Simon

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Allen24 wrote:not being able to force render on the timeline is a deal-breaker.

You can. If you're having trouble with the process, post a thread. We may be able to help.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Off-Topic