Rayzr LED light

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

oops_sergiu

Rayzr LED light

PostFri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi guys

Planning to get some LED soft light panels and been quite impressed by the videos I've seen about Rayzr MC100/MC120.

Wondering if anyone here had any direct experience with these panels and if they are as good as the youtubers say they are.

Main use would be for lighting interviews.

Thanks.

Robert Niessner

Re: Rayzr LED light

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi Sergiu,

I've tested the Rayzr light panels at my local dealer. They seem to be great and living up to the expectations. However my personal reasons why I did not buy them:
1) they are quite heavy like all those light panels - too bulky for my working style. I prefer the flex led panels as I am very often a single operator. If that's not your case then the Rayzrs are great.
2) like all RGB LEDs they can produce very saturated colors with certain hues. But most of them can't do that with Reds, that's a weakness of current RGB LEDs. So I prefer using daylight LEDs with gels.

I do own a bunch of Rayzr7 300 Daylight and they are really great and versatile. For soft light I either use them with a softbox - or flexible LED light mats. The latter can be combined to form very large areas while still being lightweight.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Return to Off-Topic