What should I do with This?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Yogendra Singh

What should I do with This?

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 5:35 am

Should I format and use or keep as a souvenir? Pls comment
What did u do with yours?
Attachments
_YSZ8178_01.JPG
_YSZ8178_01.JPG (151.53 KiB) Viewed 1351 times
https://www.instagram.com/weddings_by_yogendra/

Resolve Studio 18.0.1
Fusion Studio 16.2.1

Knudsen

Re: What should I do with This?

PostFri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Hello Yogendr, Sir,

Wow, how many creative people can read your post and not have a creative answer for you?

Anyway, here's what I would do. Get some glue that dries soft and rubbery and glue a magnet on the back, then keep it as a souvenir. Then it will stick to any metal surface to keep and make people ask questions. I do this at work with very old technology, like EEPROMs (used for many things, but commonly was used in early computers as the BIOS memory... removable, erasable by UV light, then reprogrammable with a gadget). Old cache memory that was separate from the CPU (early Pentium era, maybe even 486's), laptop memory as big as your fist, etc.

You could plant an "Easter egg" in it, format it and put maybe video or an animated GIF of yourself. Then when someone gets ahold of it, maybe after you retire, if they have the gumption to clean off the glue and plug it in, they get a surprise.

I'm sure you can find something fun to do with it.

Best wishes,

jon

Yogendra Singh

PostMon Aug 10, 2020 8:33 am

Knudsen wrote:Hello Yogendr, Sir,

Wow, how many creative people can read your post and not have a creative answer for you?

Anyway, here's what I would do. Get some glue that dries soft and rubbery and glue a magnet on the back, then keep it as a souvenir. Then it will stick to any metal surface to keep and make people ask questions. I do this at work with very old technology, like EEPROMs (used for many things, but commonly was used in early computers as the BIOS memory... removable, erasable by UV light, then reprogrammable with a gadget). Old cache memory that was separate from the CPU (early Pentium era, maybe even 486's), laptop memory as big as your fist, etc.

You could plant an "Easter egg" in it, format it and put maybe video or an animated GIF of yourself. Then when someone gets ahold of it, maybe after you retire, if they have the gumption to clean off the glue and plug it in, they get a surprise.

I'm sure you can find something fun to do with it.

Best wishes,

jon

:) :)
https://www.instagram.com/weddings_by_yogendra/

Resolve Studio 18.0.1
Fusion Studio 16.2.1

totalvamp

PostTue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am

I threw away the dozen I got, since the version on them are already outdated once you receive them.
System:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
64GB Trident Z 2933Mhz
RTX 3090

Jim Simon

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 4:41 pm

I never took mine out of the package.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Off-Topic