Adopt an Auntie

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Auntie

Adopt an Auntie

PostTue Sep 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Hello to all -

Cranky old broad who hasn't touched film since the Dark Ages, when it was actual film, looking for patient help trying to figure out how to use this new-fangled technology.

I'm looking for a person/persons with endless patience and who doesn't mind repeating themselves to a noob who'll eventually understand what was said, just probably not on the first run-through.

On other boards, people that bother others, or post endless beginner questions, tend to get mercilessly mocked until they leave the board. I'm afraid posting some of my many questions will become very annoying to most people and then I won't get answers.

I'm hoping for a PM friend/friends that I can ask questions to and then learn at my rather slow rate.

Benefits of working with an old broad include sarcastic wit, ability to swear like a trucker (in PM only) and everlasting devotion.

Auntie

BuckHIcks

Re: Adopt an Auntie

PostWed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm

I will give it a shot. Feel free to send me a PM but won't be able to respond most days until after 3PM EST (United States time).

martyscott89

PostFri Oct 09, 2020 10:10 am

I'm not exactly an expert but atleast have SOME knowledge, feel free to message me as well if you have questions :)

Can't promise i can help with all of it, but most of it is often easy to research, and i can definitely help you find good reading material or videos to help you out.

John Brawley

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Auntie wrote:Hello to all -

Cranky old broad who hasn't touched film since the Dark Ages, when it was actual film, looking for patient help trying to figure out how to use this new-fangled technology.

I'm looking for a person/persons with endless patience and who doesn't mind repeating themselves to a noob who'll eventually understand what was said, just probably not on the first run-through.

On other boards, people that bother others, or post endless beginner questions, tend to get mercilessly mocked until they leave the board. I'm afraid posting some of my many questions will become very annoying to most people and then I won't get answers.

I'm hoping for a PM friend/friends that I can ask questions to and then learn at my rather slow rate.

Benefits of working with an old broad include sarcastic wit, ability to swear like a trucker (in PM only) and everlasting devotion.

Auntie

Which topics are you looking for help with ? Camera ? Post ?

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

nick.payne

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 8:16 pm

What country are you in?

I’m in Sydney Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dash111

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 pm

Where are you based? I can help if you are in EU.

Return to Off-Topic