Free DaVinci Studio and its effect on Used Camera prices

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Philly5oul

Free DaVinci Studio and its effect on Used Camera prices

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi.

Does anyone know if BM would give DVStudio free to anyone who purchased a BM camera prior to DVStudio being bundled free with cameras?

I'm having to part with my beloved UMPG2 (originally purchased in Sept 19) but because the software never came with it I am having to reduce the selling price by a further £286.00, not an inconsiderable amount in the current climate.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

roger.magnusson

Re: Free DaVinci Studio and its effect on Used Camera prices

PostSat Jan 23, 2021 1:21 am

URSA Mini Pro G2 does come with a license for DaVinci Resolve. It always did, there's no period where it didn't.

Are you saying BMD forgot to package it in the camera box? It's either a USB dongle or a credit card-sized card with the activation key printed on it.

Philly5oul

Re: Free DaVinci Studio and its effect on Used Camera prices

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 10:52 am

I've been a total idiot! I thought it was the free version, I can't recall seeing an activation key. I still have the SD card, which has a number on it but it is not the key.

If the key was on the SD card packaging it is long gone. I will appeal to BM to see if they would be willing to offer a key as a goodwill gesture in these challenging times. I also purchased the BM shoulder kit, viewfinder shoulder kit and a BM 7" monitor so maybe that will work in my favour.

Thank you for replying,
Phil

Return to Off-Topic