looking for a new laptop

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

shortandugly

looking for a new laptop

PostWed Jan 27, 2021 8:26 pm

i bought an acer predator helios from best buy and i think it was defective. my 4 year old dell worked better. I am buying this as a video editing tool. any advice for a laptop i should buy for video editing? thank you for your time.

shortandugly

Re: looking for a new laptop

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 pm

Thank you. I will check it out:)

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Samuel S

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 10:19 pm

I wanted to comment on this because I also purchased an Acer Predator Helios only to find that the speaker came defective. It was my first foray into Windows laptops since 2011. After agonizing about it I returned it and landed on an HP Envy with an i7 and RTX 2060 Max-Q and 16 GB of RAM. The 4k AMOLED is literally the best monitor I've ever used in terms of color accuracy.

It's got enough processing power to churn through a pretty dense 4k ProRes HQ timeline, better than the spec'd out 2018 MBP I had from work. All for $1,500.

David_smith

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 pm

Some popular options for laptops for video editing include the MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15, and ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo, but there are many other options available depending on your budget and specific needs. It's also important to read reviews and check specifications carefully to ensure the laptop you choose is well-suited for your video editing needs. I have purchased a MacBook Pro, and I find it to be highly effective for video editing tasks, running smoothly without any hiccups.

Return to Off-Topic