Backorders...maybe stop taking orders?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Jim Simon

Re: Backorders...maybe stop taking orders?

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 pm

I'm skeptical.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Apr 19, 2021 11:31 am

BMD helpdesk has no insight when stuff is shipping. And you expect Forum users to have that insight.. :roll:

At this point its hit and miss with a lot of BMD hardware.. I have heard people saying that they had to wait more then 6 months on a Constellation..

I'm awaiting an order for more then 2 months now to ship..

And a different order with more then 20K of equipment took about 5 months in several shipments as they ship the moment they receive gear from the factory..

Now include the Suez Channel ( Ever Given ) issues on top of that.. it will disrupt mayor delivery times and already growing stock issues even further..

Also doesnt help that the chip manufacturer that does all Xilinx build has mayor issues to supply for the demand due to all those people that are home and invest into all new game consoles, laptop's, PS5.. Add to that that bitcoin miners buy there video cards from Nvidia in Bulk now creating another big shortage in chips.. And driving the prices up like 4x/5x as high as it should be...

And producers like Tesla and other car manufacturers all going new digital electric cars with more and more gadgets that ALL need newer bigger better faster chips.. #ClusterF.. 8-)

There is a big Chip shortage going on in the world right now which is partially due to Covid19. It sucks.. but BMD isnt the one to blaim.. They cant tell when they get new stock of chips.. They still keep the pricing of the products the same.. But i can say you the chips have doubled or tripled some even quadrupled in value over the past 6 months.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andy Coulthurst

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Well - just to add to this , have been waiting 2 months for a Hyperdeck Mini , and the supplier is saying that Blackmagic have provided no useful updates to delivery times.

Videobegin

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 4:50 pm

Just ordered two cameras, one is a studio 4K v2.

My reseller pledged to deliver cam before christmas 8-)

Denny Smith

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:29 pm

The new Studio Camera 4K Pro is shipping now, one user here just received one…
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Off-Topic