Shout-out for Angelbird

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Ben Price

Shout-out for Angelbird

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 7:37 am

Just wanted to drop this public shout-out of thanks to Angelbird....

I bought an URSA 12K and decided upon the Angelbird CFast 1TB (512GB x2) Match Packs for my primary recording media. Unfortunately, EVERY retailer in the US listed on Angelbird's website had the media cards on backorder, listed as 'out of stock', and/or were not accepting orders. In short, no one could get me any Angelbird media cards in a timely manner.

I contacted Angelbird directly and they immediately helped me. They took my order, custom engraved my cards and card reader, and shipped everything directly to me - from Austria to Colorado. The total time from order placement to receiving the shipment was a mere five business days (technically... 4.5 days).

From their own packaging, "The world is an unpredictable place. ...trust that a human (from our office) will do all they can..." to help you.

And, that's exactly what they did.

Thank you, Anna and the Angelbird team. Thank you!

Jim Simon

Re: Shout-out for Angelbird

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Nice!

I had a similar experience from Blackmagic when B&H in NYC messed up an order. BMD handled the problem themselves, made it right.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

JonPais

Re: Shout-out for Angelbird

PostSun Apr 04, 2021 1:16 pm

Ben Price wrote:Just wanted to drop this public shout-out of thanks to Angelbird....

I bought an URSA 12K and decided upon the Angelbird CFast 1TB (512GB x2) Match Packs for my primary recording media. Unfortunately, EVERY retailer in the US listed on Angelbird's website had the media cards on backorder, listed as 'out of stock', and/or were not accepting orders. In short, no one could get me any Angelbird media cards in a timely manner.

I contacted Angelbird directly and they immediately helped me. They took my order, custom engraved my cards and card reader, and shipped everything directly to me - from Austria to Colorado. The total time from order placement to receiving the shipment was a mere five business days (technically... 4.5 days).

From their own packaging, "The world is an unpredictable place. ...trust that a human (from our office) will do all they can..." to help you.

And, that's exactly what they did.

Thank you, Anna and the Angelbird team. Thank you!

Angelbird cards are the only ones in my experience that I had to return to the manufacturer because they did not read and write as fast as described (V90).
https://daejeonchronicles.com

Return to Off-Topic