ATEM camera converter 4K

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

dannygudkov

ATEM camera converter 4K

PostSun Jun 13, 2021 12:05 pm

I've been looking for any information in the internet and in this forum about new hardware releases and cannot find.
So, I decide to use this communication channel to suggest Blackmagic design to make new generation of ATEM camera converter wich will work in 4K standard.
Because it seems illogical that ATEM line of products has 4K switcher, 4K Talkback (wich together give you intercom, camera control and tally and it's cool and very usefull for production) to receive 4K signal from camera through fiber, but for so long time there is no hardware to send 4K signal from camera. Because of this Blackmagic 4K production ecosystem is unfinished, you can't use it as the solution and in my case it doubts me from buying both the 4K switcher and 4K talkback.

Solution to use camera fiber converter and studio fiber converter doesn't counts, it's different ecosystem and differrent budget level.

Please BMD if it's possible give feedback is there any plans of releasing new generation of camera converter and, if yes, how soon?

Thank you.

hillsvideo

Re: ATEM camera converter 4K

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 4:29 pm

That is my exact same question however I would also like to ask how to integrate the intercom into existing intercom's

Return to Off-Topic