Church livestreaming issues

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

RLSmith

Church livestreaming issues

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Our church is pretty new at livestreaming and we are having some issues. We are currently using an iPhone to stream to Facebook. We haven't had any issues during COVID and before when we had 2 services (not as many people at one time). Now, however, when the pastor calls for everyone to join him in reading the Bible, the cellphones come out and the live feed drops. How do we combat this issue without excluding those that use their phones for the Bible?

rNeil H

Re: Church livestreaming issues

PostTue Jun 29, 2021 8:35 pm

If you are using your WiFi to stream, and the other users are jumping on to the same WiFi, you're probably having bandwidth issues.

Your livestream should be on its own WiFi channel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Johannes Jonsson

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 4:57 pm

For web streaming I use my own 4G network router with external directional panel antennas and lan cable to the streaming device instead of local network, just to make sure I do not run into anything that could give me a problem.
Most of the time it could be ok to use local network but I am not willing to take the risk.
Johannes

abba2566

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 11:43 am

The obvious answer would be to not give public access to the network, or have separate private and public networks. (This is what we do, but we're also using PCs and ethernet for the best connection.)
The easiest way to do this, would be to just change the password (or add a password.)

Surely these days most people have sufficient mobile data anyway that they don't really need it, or a lot of bible apps allow you to download for offline anyway?

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Two thoughts.

1. Our church placed Bibles in the pews.

2. Never use WiFi for streaming. Wired connections only.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Off-Topic