Problem unzipping Blackmagic downloads on Mac

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

TinenTech

Problem unzipping Blackmagic downloads on Mac

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 10:23 pm

Hi,

I bought an ATEM Mini Pro a week ago, but have been unable to install ATEM Software Control from the web site. My MacBook Pro is still running macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. I am able to download the .dmg file, but when I click on it, it shows the progress bar that it's unzipping, then stops in the middle. I've re-downloaded the file and a few other things, but, no dice.

A few months ago I had the same problem with DaVinci Resolve 16, but figured perhaps I didn't have enough memory to install it (4 GB, there's 100 GB of free disk space).

Now I wonder if there's some issue with Apple's unzip utility on my Mac, or is there something else I should try?

Thanks,

Dan Tinen

TheBloke

Re: Problem unzipping Blackmagic downloads on Mac

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 7:19 am

A DMG doesn't "unzip", it mounts a volume. It should become visible in the same place you see your other disks. Double-click on the DMG then look under "Locations" in the Finder sidebar.

I looked at the ATEM Switchers download, and it downloads a ZIP which when uncompressed gives a DMG.

So are you getting as far as getting the DMG? Or are you unable to get the DMG out of the ZIP?
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Return to Off-Topic