Why the cloud pod?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

GalinMcMahon

Why the cloud pod?

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 6:19 pm

This new item is pretty affordable and does some cool things. What does it do that we can't already do? I can plug a USB-C drive straight into my computer and sync with Dropbox over my existing ethernet today. Interested in this cloud collaboration but struggling to see what existing problems the new hardware solves.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Xtreemtec

Re: Why the cloud pod?

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Mainly a storage that is quick ( with multiple 10G ethernet connections) and will be able to handle editing files in resolve straight from the pod.

And looks like you can also acces those files trough there cloud system from remote by logging in to the website and have acces to files on the other side of the globe. Without paying a monthly fee for some cloud storage that lives online and will delete all your files when you stop paying ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

GalinMcMahon

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 8:15 pm

OK, that last part is pretty sweet. I already edit off of a T5 sometimes so that first part isn't much of a sale. Thanks. I wish Blackmagic would make a clearer pitch for their hardware. So much of it might be useful and probably is for those who already use it but they don't really try to upsell to users such as myself.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Xtreemtec

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 pm

You might just want to play the livestream were Grant tells exact how these units work and what can be done with it.. He shows it in an hour long video which of you can skip trough the first 22 minutes as it has to do about a new Hyperdeck.. ;)

From 22 minutes he starts about the POD.

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic